Have you ever noticed how color can affect your mood? According to Leslie Harrington, Executive Director of the Color Association of the United States, which forecasts color trends, “We react on multiple levels of association with colors — there are social or culture levels as well as personal relationships with particular colors.”
Is your bleak indoor landscape crying out for some pizzazz?
Even the slightest splash of color can infuse your space with a new level of energy. Here are a few inspiring suggestions to spark your imagination…
- Paint one or more walls
- Paint cabinetry
- Add interest with color and texture in flooring choices
- Select furniture that brings the right mix of solids, patterns and color to the room
- Add colorful appliances
- Throw in splashes of color with accents like pillows, throws, rugs, curtains, vases and art
- Add hardware (like jewelry for your cabinets) to add splashes of color and whimsical accents
- Choose unique colors and/or textures for kitchen and bathroom countertops
- Use lighting fixtures to add color and shape to brighten up a room
Coming up with a color scheme that fits your personality and your space is the first step. Then, calling in the assistance of a professional designer can really help move things along.